Friday, January 28, 2011

My First Blog Entry

I have spent the last year trying to figure out to start this blog.  Yesterday a friend gave me some direction: Just Start, make it short and sweet, and update it often.

What I hope to accomplish:   

My primary goal is to start a dialogue about Business Intelligence, specifically Oracle Business Intelligence, where I chronicle my experiences and musings. 
In addition, I want to use this blog to “de-geek” a little.  I spend a good portion of my time in the bits and bytes and I would like to expand my horizons by doing the least geeky thing possible, ahem...write a blog. Not a blog about poetry but BI no less.  I can already see this might be a fruitless effort, but who knows, maybe I will start blogging about BI in iambic pentameter.   
Finally, I hope to learn from others through the comments of my sole remaining reader.

What type of blog is this?  

Well it will be about Oracle BI basically.  In my adventures with my various customers I have come to the conclusion that many do not really understand the big picture.  This is obviously the fault of consultants like me, software vendors and some IT Professionals.  We just simply do not speak the same language as the business community we serve. 

The first series of entries will address; What is BI, Why is BI important and Why should business users trust us.

What’s coming Up:
·       

  •     What is Business Intelligence
  •     What is the problem we are trying to solve
  •          Why you can’t have that report right now

I invite any comments from anyone on the direction of this series of posts…

No comments:

Post a Comment